Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pimpkillah: The Descent

Greetings and salutations! It's been awhile since I've made an update to his blog, and a lot has been going on! I'd like to thank everyone to has donated to the Pimpkillah cause and I hope you enjoyed your comics. It's just the beginning and Pimpkillah: The Descent is finally starting to come to life! With the addition of new artist, Rosendo Santos the second installment to Pimpkillah is underway.

We're looking to debut the comic at LA Zinefest ( http://lazinefest.com/ ) February 17th at the Ukranian Culture Center in East Hollywood. This issue will be longer and larger than the previous two mini comics I have published. Rosendo Santos is adding his own creative flair to the story and bringing a whole different breath of vitality to the series. Keep checking in with new artwork on www.pimpkillah.com as there is always more to come!

Pimpkillah: The Descent, our second issue was only going to be a mere 15 pages but since I've started writing it looks like it's gonna be a bit longer. I can't describe how exciting it is to translate my characters into the comic medium. Collaborating with another creative mind who is dedicated to our purpose is a breath of fresh air and a great learning process.

Of course, I have to give some credit to my class I took at Meltdown University with Jim Higgins ( http://www.meltcomics.com/blog/meltdown-university/ ) where I learned a lot of comic making basics and helpful knowledge about story structure.

And last but not least, I have recently posted Pimpkillah: The Protector online for all to see. The font is a little fuzzy - I'm working on it, but hey the artwork by Christina Mirani is still fucking awesome, so deal with it :)


-Sarah




 New artwork by Rosendo Santos, check out more at www.pimpkillah.com

Pimpkillah Productions
2012


No comments:

Post a Comment